|Title:||P/T-Professional Academic Coach/Tutor (Chemistry/Bio. Sciences)|
|Reports to:||Title III NASNTI Health Careers Coord|
Duties and Responsibilities:
STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: August 27 – December 6. 2018
JOB OVERVIEW: Provide tutoring in Chemistry and Biological Sciences (specifically General Biology and Microbiology). Proficiency in Anatomy and Physiology is a plus. Proficiency in Algebra is also desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in the PAC/Tutor orientation and training as directed by coordinator
· Provide focused academic support in your area of expertise within the identified STEM courses of Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and others as appropriate.
· Initiate, facilitate, and monitor study groups in your area of expertise within the identified STEM courses of Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and others as appropriate.
· Create concise concept videos in your area of expertise within the identified STEM courses of Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and others as appropriate to be imbedded as online tutorials
· Provide responsive guidance in academic goal setting; foster academic persistence during PAC sessions
· Incorporate effective learning strategies into PAC sessions
· Perform light record keeping and timely submission of timesheet and other documentation
· Responsible for any set-up or take-down of study or video areas
· Read and adhere to PAC/Tutor guidelines from the PAC Handbook that is provided
· Maintain a consistent schedule; contact supervisor with requests for any schedule variation
· Assume additional duties as relevant and as requested
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to assist students and to tutor in Chemistry and Biological Sciences
· Ability to engage students and encourage learning
· Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and responsibly
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate degree preferred
· Tutoring or teaching experience preferred
· Ability to work combination of morning, afternoon, and/or evening hours
· Ability to adhere to weekly schedule throughout the semester, with limited exceptionsConnors State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Employer.
|Salary:||$15 per hour/10 hrs per week Hourly|
|Location(s):||3 Rivers Port Campus|
To apply, Submit a Connors State College application, with a cover letter.
Applications are available several ways
Connors State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Institution.
Applications are accepted until the positions are filled.