Clubs & Organizations Directory
Get Involved! Make a Difference!
Student Organizations Directory
At Connors State College, the faculty and staff feel that in order to have a full and rich education experience students should get involved with as many campus organizations and activities as their schedules permit. Not only will students feel a greater sense of belonging to Connors State and its traditions, but they will also have a greater understanding of balancing work, relaxation, health and wellness, as well as a sense of accomplishment.
Club vs. Organization
A club is a group of students organized with a similar interest for a social, literary, athletic, political, or other common purpose.
An organization is a group of students organized for and acting toward a particular cause. Typically organizations are institutional (as described below) or nationally affiliated.
Student clubs/organizations are placed into one of the following categories based upon their members’ interests and goals. This is done to foster communication between clubs/organizations that may share similar philosophical underpinnings and to assist interested students in locating and finding a suitable club/organization for their needs. The categories available to select from are:
- Academic / Pre-Professional: Provide opportunities for members to discuss and share information on academic disciplines and careers and to network with professionals in the field.
- Cultural / International: Promotes a sense of community, solidarity, and support for students through various means and seek to enlighten and enrich individuals with certain aspects of their individual or collective cultures.
- Honorary: Require a minimum grade point average 3.0 or higher for membership and may be related to a specific academic discipline. Members are usually accepted through invitation only and service may be a requirement for continued membership.
- Religious / Faith: Provide instruction and/or spiritual guidance for members. They encourage expression and fellowship and need not to be affiliated with an established denomination.
- Special Interest / Service: Provide opportunities for members to meet, educate and share in a common interest. Organizations may also provide service to the College or a greater community.
- Sports / Recreation: Promote and develop interest in a particular sport or physical activity. These clubs may be recreational, instructional, competitive, or may be involved in any combination of these elements.
The purpose of the Agriculture Ambassadors program is to promote Connors State College and the Division of Agriculture across the state of Oklahoma and throughout the Nation. Honorary membership. Meetings: Weekly, Ag Conference Room.
|Coordinator of Academic Advisement|
Phone: (918) 463-6230
The Ecology Club was created to fill a void in student activities in regard to Ecological information and education. The club tests water quality, helps at the Regional Science Fair, sample diverse habitats and much more. Meetings: Wednesdays, Monthly, 10a, Port campus. Facebook: cscecoclub Tumblr: cscecoclub
|Instructor - Biological Science |
Phone: (918) 684-5475
Phi Beta Lambda– website
PBL promotes mutual understanding and cooperation among businesses, industry, labor, and religious/family/education institutes to improve tomorrows world. Meetings: Mondays, Monthly, 3p, All campuses. Facebook: groups/cscphibetalambda
|Instructor - Business / CIS|
Phone: (918) 463-6396
Phi Theta Kappa
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. to achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence. Meetings: Mondays, Bi-Monthly, 5:30p, Library ITV-Warner, Rm 7-Port.
|Title Iii Native American Success & Cultural Center Director|
Phone: (918) 463-6364
Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) acts as a liaison between Connors State College student body and the CSC faculty and administration, and institutions of higher education throughout the State of Oklahoma. SGA’s aim is to represent student concerns and to help maintain and improve the effectiveness of the educational, cultural, and entertainment programs and services as they affect the students at the college campus.
SGA consists of students in good standing who serve as SGA officers, student senators or organizational representatives from other clubs and organizations. For the Fall 2015 semester, meetings take place the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 12:10 p.m. in the Student Union Conference Room and in Muskogee in the Nursing and Allied Health Building small conference room.
Student Senate Application
|Director of Muskogee Difference Healthcare Scholarship / Exec. Dir. of Eastern Okla. Healthcare |
Phone: (918) 684-5447