FAQ – Admissions & Registrar

What can I do to find out if all my classes will transfer to CSC?
Q: What are the admission requirements?

A: Connors State College has an open door admissions policy.


Q: I am a first time student, what do I need to enroll ?
A: You will need valid photo I.D., your high school transcript, ACT scores if you are under 21 years of age, Placement test results if needed, Immunization record or certificate of exemption.


Q: I am a current CSC student, what is required for next semester enrollment?

A: You must have a valid photo I.D. as well as all business office and registrar holds cleared.


Q: I sat out a year, what do I need to enroll ?

A: You will need valid photo I.D., your high school transcript, an official transcript from every college you attended excluding CSC, Immunization record or certificate of exemption, and an updated admissions application.


Q: Can I enroll my self in classes?

A: Each student is required to see an advisor prior to enrolling. They will assist in completing an enrollment card. Once the student has signed the enrollment card he or she is financially responsible for those courses. Please see the advising section of frequently asked questions for the preparation required prior to seeing an advisor.


Q: What should I bring with me to enroll?

A: The student should bring a photo I.D., there transcript or enrollment pass for new students, and a complete trial schedule of the classes they are interested in taking. A trial schedule can be found in the back of the course schedule.


Q: Why do zero level courses have to be taken first?

A: If a deficiency exist, determined by either a student’s ACT, Compass, or CPT test score, the student is required to enroll and complete zero level course(s) as they relate to that deficiency prior to taking a class for credit in the subject matter. All deficiencies must be removed before reaching 24 earned credit hours. Therefore if required, it is beneficial to take all zero level courses first.


Q: Can I test out of zero level courses?

A: If a student scores high enough in the identified deficient subject matter on the appropriate test, ACT, Compass, or CPT, they will be declared proficient and will not be required to take the zero level classes pertaining to that subject.


Q: How do I change my Major?

A: A change of major form will need to be completed in the admissions office.


Q: How do I drop or add a class?

A: Students must complete a drop/add form and submit it to the admissions office in order to officially drop or add a class.


Q: What does it mean when I drop a single class with a grade of “W”?

A: The grade of “W” stands for withdrawn. It will not be considered when calculating a student’s grade point average however, the class will remain on the students transcript. The last day to drop or add a class without receiving a W is listed in the course schedule.


Q: Do I need to take a class over if I received a grade of D?

A: Some institutions will not accept transfer classes with the letter grade of D or F. Although, if the student has received an Associate Degree the class will transfer as part of their general education requirements.


Q: What is academic probation or academic suspension?

A: A student is placed on academic probation for one semester if they have not maintained satisfactory progress towards their degree. If the condition remains they will be placed on suspension the following semester.


Q: What is an academic reprieve?

A: Academic reprieve is the process of removing prior course outcomes from a students record.


Q: What can I do to find out if all my classes will transfer to CSC?

A: Students interested in transferring to CSC should contact a representative in the admissions office where they can be directed to the proper personnel.


Q: When should an official degree check be requested?

A: Students are required to have earned 36 credit hours prior to requesting a degree check. A final degree check is required for graduation.