Welcome to Nursing and Allied Health
The Connors State College Department of Nursing associate degree program began in Warner, OK, in 1984 with the admission of 20 students. In 1994, Connors acquired forty-two acres of land in northeast Muskogee to construct a 28,500-square-foot classroom/science complex. Known as the Three Rivers Port Campus, this facility was completed in 1995.
The nursing program relocated to the Nursing and Allied Health Building (NAH) Building on the Three Rivers Port Campus in 2009. Our Tahlequah instructional site is the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine at the Cherokee Nation. We admit nursing students in Fall and Spring to the Muskogee and Tahlequah locations. For admission, curriculum, and application information, visit Traditional Nursing Program Advisement Material.
Connors also has a Career Ladder program for LPNs and Paramedics. Career Ladder students who meet admission criteria can enter the program beginning with a transition course offered with a Fall, Spring, and Summer entry. For additional information, view Career Ladder Advisement Material. The success of this nursing program leading to an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing is related to the following factors:
- The nursing faculty possesses a wide variety of expertise in the nursing field.
- The support course faculty help to prepare students for the nursing program, and administrators are very supportive.
- Small classes allow more individualized instruction than in metropolitan colleges or universities.
- The curriculum moves from simple to complex.
- The curriculum is evaluated regularly for rigor, accuracy, and currency of content.
- The school has an excellent relationship with the clinical facilities; our students gain valuable hands-on experiences.
- From the program’s first semester through the last, students prepare for the NCLEX-RN through application-style testing.
- Faculty benchmark student progress at intervals with standardized exams. Through this process, students identify deficiencies and remediate them to continually build a foundation for the next level, as detailed in the Nursing Student Handbook.
- Nursing is a wonderfully exciting career, and job opportunities are endless. We will be happy to answer your questions and assist you in accomplishing your goal of becoming a Registered Nurse.
Connors State College NAH Building
2501 N. 41st St. E.
Muskogee, OK 74403
(918) 684-5430 (fax)