Welcome from the Director of Nursing and Allied Health
Welcome to the Connors State College Department of Nursing. This associate degree program began in Warner, OK in 1984 with the admission of 20 students. Since that time, we have been very successful and extended the program to include the Muskogee campus.
The Nursing Program consolidated to one Muskogee campus in 2009. In late 2009, the program moved to Connors West Campus in the Nursing and Allied Health building (NAH). We are currently admitting 48 students in August and in January. We are also accepting 30 students each Fall at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah. For information on admission and curriculum, and for an application, see Traditional Nursing Program Advisement Material. Connors also has a Career Ladder program for LPN’s and Paramedics. Career Ladder students who meet admission criteria are allowed to enter the program beginning with a transition course (see Career Ladder Advisement Material) offered in a Spring and Fall entry. The success of this program is related to several factors:
- To begin with, the faculty are excellent and offer a wide variety of expertise in the nursing field (see Meet the Faculty).
- The support course faculty do a wonderful job of preparing students for the nursing program, and administrators are very supportive.
- Small class size allows for more individualized instruction than is afforded in larger colleges and universities.
- The curriculum is designed to move from simple-to-complex.
- The curriculum is tried and proven, and is evaluated on a regular basis for accuracy and currency of content.
- The school has an excellent relationship with the clinical facilities, so that students are able to gain a variety of valuable hands-on experiences.
- From the first semester of the program through the last, students are prepared for the NCLEX-RN through application-style testing.
- Progress is benchmarked at intervals with exams provided by Kaplan Nursing Through this process, deficiencies are identified and remediated so that students are continually building a foundation for the next level. For information related to admission and progression, see the Nursing Student Handbook.
Nursing is a wonderfully exciting career, and job opportunities are endless. I will be happy to answer your questions and assist you toward accomplishing your goal of becoming a Registered Nurse.
Diana Mashburn PhD, RN-BC, CNE
Director of Nursing and Allied Health
Phone: (918) 684-5419
Fax: (918) 684-5430
Office Location: NAH Building
Connors State College NAH Building
2501 N. 41st E.
(918) 684-5430 (fax)
2501 N. 41st E.
Muskogee, OK 74403