The Oklahoma Council of Academic Library Directors (OCALD) adopted a program in order to encourage and enable access to information among Oklahoma college and university communities. It extends reciprocal borrowing privileges to each other’s faculty, students, and staff. These specified individuals may have direct, personal access to materials that are not available at their home institution’s library. The faculty, students and staff of accredited educational institutions with primary campuses in Oklahoma and whose library directors are members of the Oklahoma Council of Academic Library Directors, are eligible for participation in this agreement.
OCALD Membership Libraries
All public universities and colleges as well as several private universities participate.
Click here for a list.
What you need to do
Complete and sign an application at your home institution library, agreeing to the terms and conditions. If you are in good standing with your home library, not owing any fines or overdue items, you will be issued an OK-Share card that is good for any OCALD Membership library. Please keep in mind you will need to present a current photo identification card when you present your OK-Share card to the lending library.
- Obtain an OK-Share card from your home institution library.
- Present your new or current OK-Share card along with a current picture ID to an OCALD member library (see previous link) .
- Return borrowed items within the loan period prescribed by the lending library. Return them to the Interlibray Loan Department of your home library, in person to the lending library, or first class insured mail to the lending library.
- If your home institution library gets billed for overdue or lost items they will pass that bill to you along with suspending OK-Share privileges.
- It is the patron’s responsibility to update all personal information with their home institution library.
- Any abuse of library privileges will result in suspension of those privileges.