The CSC Warner and Muskogee campuses are transitioning to the Eduroam global WiFi service, which will give students and employees secure and fast internet connectivity at any participating Eduroam campus.
If you have questions or need assistance with connecting to the wireless network, contact the IT Helpdesk at email@example.com, http://connorsstate.edu/helpticket.
You can connect to the new Eduroam WiFi service now. The CSCSTAFF and CSCWIRELESS wireless networks will be decommissioned in the coming months, and all employees and students will need to use the Eduroam network for their secure wireless connection.
Eduroam for PC’s
For Apple instructions, click here.
For Android instructions, click here.
EDUROAM is secured with WPA2-enterprise encryption. This encryption keeps your data MUCH safer when using a device on Wi-Fi than an open network does.
To connect to EDUROAM:
- Simply choose it in your Wi-Fi setup screen and use your full @okstate.edu email address and OKEY password when it asks.
- Accept/Trust the security certificate if it asks you to do so.
- For most devices, this is all you need to do.
- Some devices may ask you to choose other options as part of the connection process.
- If your device asks for an EAP method, enter PEAP. Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPv2 (this option could be hidden in an “advanced” section).
- If there is a section for CA Certificates, select “Use System Certificates” and then set the Domain to “ad.okstate.edu”.
- If your device does not have a “Use System Certificates” option, you can select “Do not Validate” instead (but be aware that this could leave you vulnerable to a man in the middle attack, so be sure you are connecting in a location where you expect to find the EDUROAM service).
- If you see a field called “Anonymous Identity”, just leave it blank. The rest of the options should be left in their default settings.
If your devices support WPA2-enterprise encryption (smartphones, laptops, and most tablets) we highly recommend you connect those devices to EDUROAM.
- Visit your network settings.
- If you were previously connected to another on-campus network such as CSCSTAFF or CSCWIRELESS, forget those networks before connecting to Eduroam. To forget a network, visit your network settings, and select the option to forget the network.
- From the list of available networks, choose Eduroam.
- When prompted, enter your connorsstate.edu email address and password, then click submit. You must use your full connorsstate.edu address; short names (without the @connorsstate.edu) will not work.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Choose to Trust the network.
- On your Android device, go to Settings, then Wireless and networks, then Wi-Fi settings.
- Choose PEAP for the EAP method drop-down menu.
- Choose Do Not Validate the CA Certificate drop-down menu.
- Choose MSCHAPv2 for the Phase 2 authentication drop-down menu. Phase 2 authentication may appear in the Advanced option at the bottom of the screen. Also, you will need to save changes after changing to MSCHAPv2.
- Enter your C-Key email address (not your short username).
- Enter your C-Key password.