- Animal Science
- The Animal Science option is designed for students who have an interest in veterinary science, biological research, animal production and management, biomedical/pharmaceutical research, equine science, and companion animal products and services. An Animal Science degree can prepare students for a wide range of careers in industry, government, the nonprofit sector, and education. This degree also provides a foundation for graduate study in such fields as life sciences, veterinary and human medicine, and related health disciplines.
While most Animal Science graduates work in a related occupation, others choose fields that do not require a specific major but rather a wide range of demonstrated skills and accomplishments. Regardless of your career choice, increase your marketability to employers through internships, cooperative education placements, related work/volunteer experiences, good grades, advanced coursework/study abroad, and college activities.
- Career Opportunities
Animal Behaviorist Extension Agent/Specialist Pet Shop Manager Animal Breeder Farm Business Manager Pharmacologist Animal Control Officer Farm Manager Physical Therapist Animal Health Technician Farm Technician Physician Asst. Animal Shelter Manager Forestry Technician Plant Sanitation Specialist Artificial Insemination Technician Health Inspector Product Manager Biologist Horse Trainer Quality Control Specialist Biology Teacher Industrial Hygienist Racetrack Publicist Chemist Kennel Owner Research Asst. Clinical Researcher Laboratory Technician Research Investigator Conservation Officer Loan Officer Safety Specialist Dairy Herd Improvement Specialist Medical Doctor Sales Representative Dog Trainer Medical Illustrator Science Teacher Education Curator Medical Technologist Veterinarian Embryo Transfer Technician Museum Curator Wildlife Biologist Endocrinologist Nutritional Consultant Writer/Journalist Environmental Specialist Nutritionist Zookeeper
- Student Opportunities
Shotgun Shooting Sports Club
- The CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Club is one of the most active clubs on campus, hosting weekly 5-stand or trap and skeet shoots open to all club members and guests. The club includes students, faculty and staff, and is very active in fundraising and FFA/4H shooting events. Participants in the club have an opportunity to learn six separate shooting sports, including: International Skeet and Trap, American Skeet and Trap, Five-Stand, and Sporting Clays.
- Many four-year schools within the state offer shooting sports clubs for CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Members to continue their pursuit of competitive shooting as they continue their education. Schools with shooting sports clubs in the state include OSU, OU, and TU.
Shotgun Shooting Sports Team
- The CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Team is composed of the best shooters from the Shooting Sports Club. Team members travel to multiple ACUI shooting competitions (listed below) throughout the region each semester.
- Ten scholarships will be available each semester for those students that qualify.
- Degree Plan
- [CSCCatalog degree=’AGas’]