Under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2), and 18004(a)(3), if applicable.
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
Documentation & Documentation.
- Total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- Total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
$892,771 as of 04/07/2021
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
The number of students in Spring enrollment report (excluding Prison and Concurrent) = 1604. Remember this is only an estimate.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
1604 as of 04/07/2021
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
30% went to Pell eligible students. 30% of 892,771 is 267,831.30 and it was divided among the Pell students which totaled 679. So 267,831.3/679=394.45
If they were enrolled in Fall/Spring they got a flat $400. If they were enrolled in only one term they got a flat $200.
The rest of the student CARES funds were then divided by the number of students who had balances and a portion was added to their total amount. There were 924 students who had balances and there was only $22139.70 remaining of CARES student funds so the total applied for balances was only $23.96
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
*No change to the above information as of 10/1/2021*