Welcome to Connors State College Library website! We want to take this opportunity to introduce you to the librarys collections and resources that are available to you. The librarys home page (www.connorsstate.edu/library) will lead you to a variety of resources.
Please note the tabs across the top of the Librarys web page. Under each tab is information to assist you and your students.
- Library Home: Takes you to the library’s main page. The page contains general information about the two campus libraries, contact information, library hours and special events notices.
- Articles & Databases: Contains links to the Library’s subscription databases. Subscription databases can be accessed using your C-Key credentials. The page also contains links to credible Internet resources.
- New Employees: You are here! The page explains the services our libraries have for you.
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about the Library, its programs and services.
- Catalog: Links to Connors online catalog, PRIMO
- Visual Resources: Connects you to the library’s Master Academic Collection of streaming videos and video clips for use in the classroom or in BlackBoard. Topics included are humanities and social sciences, business and economics, science and mathematics, health and medicine, and archival films and newsreels. Films on Demand is also available under the Articles & Databases tab. Click Databases, then Films on Demand and your Connors log-in lets you and your students in.
The Library offers several additional services to assist you as well:
- Library Instruction: Library staff can help teach your students how to evaluate information, use library databases or to conduct research on specific topics. Please click here to schedule instruction.
- Reserves: We can place assigned readings, videos, books and articles that you supply on reserve for your students.
- Interlibrary Loans (ILL): We can borrow materials from other libraries to assist you in your classroom or personal research. Click here for more info.
- Faculty Requests for Library Materials: Faculty may suggest library materials purchases to support their class curriculum. Contact Library staff.
Do You Need Books, Journals, Videos, DVDs?
PRIMO: The librarys online catalog includes books, videos, and DVDs. Remote access to PRIMO is also available via the Librarys web page or by accessing http://okla-am.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=OKCONN. Available options include BASIC SEARCH, ADVANCED SEARCH, COURSE RESERVE MATERIALS, SAVED PREFERENCES, ACCOUNT REVIEW, and HELP.
Books: The Library subscribes to the McNaughton Lease Plan which provides popular, current fiction titles for recreational and personal reading. The Library also has general non-fiction and reference titles.
Periodicals/Journals: The Library subscribes to approximately 50 different periodicals and journals on a variety of subjects to support the curriculum. There are also popular titles available for recreational and personal reading.
Videos/DVDs: The Library has curriculum support materials in the form of videos and DVDs as well as entertainment DVD’s, click here and select your criteria on the left
Do You Need Online Resources?
Subscription Databases: The Library subscribes to numerous databases that cover a wide variety of disciplines. One such database provided by the vendor, EBSCO, includes over 25 different sub-databases. Access to all library databases is available by using your C-Key login and password.
Do You Want to Place Materials on Reserve for Your Students?
Reserves: Check at the Librarys Information Desk at either campus location on how to put materials on reserve in PRIMO, the online catalog. Reserve materials, including links to online resources, can also be put in PRIMO.
Do You Need an Item That the Library Doesnt Own?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Interlibrary Loan is available at both campus locations.
Would You Like the Library Staff to Offer Library Instruction to Your Classes?
Library Instruction: The Librarian is available to conduct sessions at both campus library locations to help teach your students to evaluate information, use library databases or do research on specific topics. Advanced notice of class visits is highly recommended so that staff can customize the presentation to your needs.Click here for more information
Do You Need to Order Library Materials to Support Your Curriculum?
Library staff welcomes input from faculty on their curriculum needs. Requests for library materials purchases can be emailed or made in person at either campus library location. The minimal information needed to process the request is the author (if available), title, copyright date and a ISBN number or ISBN-13 number. The more information you have about a resource, the better.
If you have any questions not answered here, give Library Staff a call at 918-463-6210 in Warner or 918-684-5408 in Muskogee. We look forward to seeing you in the Library! WELCOME!