Duties and Responsibilities:
STATUS: Full-time; 9-month continuing position
JOB OVERVIEW: The Psychology Instructor's primary focus is teaching undergraduate Psychology classes. The instructor may also other courses as needed and as appropriate to his or her degree. Opportunities for summer teaching may be available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Teach 15 credit hours per semester and a reasonable overload as needed
- Required to post/maintain 10 office hours each week
- Teach some night classes as needed
- Teach distance education and on-line courses and use multi-media technologies as demand requires
- Teach at any of the CSC instructional sites as the demand requires (Example: Eddie Warrior Correctional Center, Jess Dunn Correctional Center, Three Rivers Port Campus, Warner Campus, West Campus, or other sites to be determined)
- Prepare lectures for all classes
- Participate in departmental, program level, and college wide assessment of student learning
- Required to spend 37.5 hours per week on campus
- Provide departmental, divisional, and institutional reports as requested
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and institutional committees as requested
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's degree in Psychology or in a related field with at least 18 credit hours of graduate level Psychology required
- Teaching experience at the two-year community college level preferred
Connors State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Employer.
- All instructors are required to check email and be computer literate
- Use of instructional equipment including Zoom technology, ITV equipment, document cameras, etc.
- Knowledge of course development software-Blackboard or other classroom management systems preferred
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible