Connors State Nursing Program
WELCOME FROM THE NURSING DIRECTOR
Welcome to the Connors State College Department of Nursing. This associate degree program began in Warner, OK in 1984 with the admission of 20 students. Since that time, we have been very successful are located in the Nursing and Allied Health Building on the Muskogee Three Rivers Port Campus. We are admit students in August and in January. For information on admission and curriculum, and for an application, see Traditional Nursing Program Advisement Material. Connors also has a Career Ladder Advisement Program for LPNâ€™s and Paramedics. Career Ladder students who meet admission criteria are allowed to enter the program beginning with a transition course.
The success of this program is related to several factors:
- To begin with, the faculty are excellent and offer a wide variety of expertise in the nursing field (see Meet the Faculty).
- The support course faculty do a wonderful job of preparing students for the nursing program, and administrators are very supportive.
- Small class size allows for more individualized instruction than is afforded in larger colleges and universities.
- The curriculum is designed to move from simple-to-complex.
- The curriculum is tried and proven, and is evaluated on a regular basis for accuracy and currency of content.
- The school has an excellent relationship with the clinical facilities, so that students are able to gain a variety of valuable hands-on experiences.
- From the first semester of the program through the last, students are prepared for the NCLEX-RN through application-style testing.
- Progress is bench marked at intervals with exams provided by Kaplan Nursing Through this process, deficiencies are identified and re-mediated so that students are continually building a foundation for the next level. For information related to admission and progression, see the Nursing Student Handbook.
Nursing is a wonderfully exciting career, and job opportunities are endless. I will be happy to answer your questions and assist you toward accomplishing your goal of becoming a Registered Nurse.
Division Chair for Nursing and Allied Health
Phone: (918) 684-5427
Fax: (918) 684-5430
Office Location: NAH Building