Duties and Responsibilities:
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-month continuing position
JOB OVERVIEW: Under the general direction of the Vice President for Fiscal Services, this position is responsible for performing a wide variety of comprehensive, complex and specialized administrative duties to support the Vice President for Fiscal Services. The incumbent is responsible for managing daily activities to ensure efficient operations, provide information to college personnel and the public by telephone, electronic mail and in person as well as performing other duties related to the activities of Fiscal Services as required or assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently researches, prioritizes and handles matters addressed to the Vice President for Fiscal Services; or, escalates the matter as necessary
- Compose correspondence independently on a variety of matters; compile and type various letters, reports and statistical as directed, maintain Vice President's appointment calendar and make travel arrangements when requested
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President including extensive calendar management, records management, and material preparation for meetings
- Screen, receive and route telephone calls, visitors and mail; answer staff, administration, students and public
- Exercises confidentiality, discretion and judgment in providing executive support to the Vice President for Fiscal Services
- Attend Fiscal Services meetings or other special meetings and perform various secretarial and executive assistant duties including coordination and preparation of agendas and supporting materials, take notes and compile minutes
- Operate office equipment including facsimile, copiers, phone, voicemail and other workplace equipment used to conduct work
- Organize and coordinate communications and information; obtain, interpret and provide information to staff, faculty and others concerning office functions, policies and procedures; communicate with administrative units to assure compliance with time line
- Operate a variety of computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet and other applications as required on a daily basis
- Assist IT Director with scheduling employees' leave time and task tracking
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and desktop publishing software (MS Office preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Associate's degree or a minimum of five (5) years of experience in comparable position
Connors State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Employer.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 25 pounds