Duties and Responsibilities:
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month, full time
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation (teaching), and evaluation of assigned course(s). Supervise and evaluate performance of students and adjunct faculty. Act as consultant for students in nursing program. Advise pre-nursing students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Students: (a) Act as mentor and role model for students in classroom and clinical arenas. (b) Facilitate learning of relevant course material. (c) Evaluate students' academic and clinical performance. (d) Maintain office schedule for advisement and consultation. (e) Serve as faculty advisor to student organizations when such service is required.
- Nursing Department: (a) Teach 14-17 hours/semester. (b) Develop/maintain syllabi and course outlines. (c) Maintain accurate scholastic records. (d) Show evidence of professional growth in assigned subject areas. (e) Evaluate own performance and seek assistance as needed. (f) Maintain open line of communication with other faculty/staff/DON. (g) Mentor new faculty. (h) Participate in Nursing Faculty Organization meetings on a regular basis to promote continuity between courses, communication among faculty, and to insure program's growth and development. (i) Participate in preparation of Project Management and budget for the nursing program. (j) Act as chairperson of assigned criteria in the Systematic Plan of Evaluation to maintain and enhance quality nursing education. (k) Participate in activities to maintain accreditation with the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. (l) Insure continued program quality and productivity through participation in annual advisory committee meetings with clinical agency personnel and alumni. (m) Participate in recruitment, admission, and enrollment activities.
- College: (a) Foster open communication with all departments within the institution to facilitate negotiations and good working relationships. (b) Contribute to the overall college mission through participation in college committees. (c) Teach course in accordance with the class schedule and course syllabi. (d) Submit required reports to college officials at designated time. (e) Maintain records appropriate to area of instruction. (f) Participate in faculty committees as assigned or elected. (g) Conduct self in the best interest of the college at all times.
- Community: (a) Maintain collaborative relations with professional and health care agencies. (b) Represent the nursing department in relevant community functions. (c) Participate in activities to promote the profession of nursing.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Communication and leadership skills are essential
- Awareness of roles of Associate Degree nurses is necessary
- Expertise in course material, or continuing education in the subjects taught, is mandatory
- Familiarity with guidelines for accreditation by Oklahoma Board of Nursing and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission is desirable
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Masters in Science in Nursing or MSN required
- Evidence of current practice with a minimum of two (2) years full-time equivalent practice as a Registered Nurse in a clinical setting
- Teaching experience in an ADN program preferred
- Hold a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma.
- All nursing faculty shall participate in research projects, surveys, professional writing, continuing education, academic study, or clinical practice to improve own nursing competence in areas of responsibility. (Oklahoma Board of Nursing Practice Act & Rules and Regulations, 2008)
APPLICATION: To apply, submit a Connors State College Application for Employment. Applications are available on-line at http://www.connorsstate.edu/employment. Applications are also available at any CSC campus location, or by request. A cover letter with resume and other documents may be sent with your application, but not instead of an application. For more information, contact Human Resources at 918.463.6334918.463.6334.
THE COLLEGE: Connors State College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, and the Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing. Connors State College Nursing Program is located in Muskogee, Oklahoma, just 20 miles north of the main campus in Warner, Oklahoma.
Connors State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Employer.